Edit: I removed the spoiler tags because they weren't working.
29 April 2000 - FA 1.0
What Firearms Is
Firearms is a modification for Valve's award winning Half-Life. Firearms is a multiplayer modification that introduces realistic weaponry and new exciting scenarios to the half-life engine. The purpose of Firearms is to bring an entertaining multiplayer experience by combining real world weapons and scenarios to the Half-Life engine.
Firearms emphasizes team cooperation with unique scenarios such as Push and Capture the Intelligence. It is also fully customizable, allowing players to contribute to their team in many different ways such as providing cover fire or taking the role of a sniper. With Firearms, players can immerse themselves in modern warfare with realistic weapons, accessories, and environments.
Included maps feature scenarios such as the territorial push, and the unique Capture the Intelligence (or CTI). With Capture the Intelligence, mapmakers have the freedom to make their own scenarios rather than be restricted to simple capture the flag or team deathmatch.
A plethora of modern day weaponry is also included. An assortment of pistols, shotguns, sub-machineguns, rifles, grenades, explosives, and accessories are at your disposal. These weapons can be accessed through a unique credits system which gives players who have just entered the game, as good a chance as one who has been playing for an hour.
We believe that Firearms provides a unique experience for all players, and we sincerely hope that you will enjoy this exciting modification as you are immersed in the world of modern warfare.
[RC 1.0] - First Public Release
- new flexible class system
- new mapping entities
- new teamplay rules
- new textures
- new sounds
- new skins
- new models
- new graphics
- new weapons
- new animation's
- twelf new levels
- new player models
- new gameplay rules
- twenty seven new weapons
21 May 2000 - FA 1.2
* CTI mess up in EvaluateGameEnd: Possibly fixed. This problem is hard to pinpoint without lots of users.
* Fixed Telefragging. The still may be an occurrence of telefragging but only if a unoccupied spawn point cannot be found after 5 tries.
* Optimized maps - cti_mideast, tp_soviet.
* New Maps - ps_street, ps_outlands, tp_depot.
* No armor loss when taking friendly fire. Except with explosives. This will be fixed in next version.
* Twitching DE no longer Twitches .
* New sounds.
* Benelli anim bug when using flashlight.
* Reinforcements max out at 256.
* Player ID added. Player name now appears below the crosshair.
* Map Briefings (also added console command "briefing"). Added menu option when you first join game to display the map briefing.
* No lastweapon with CTI item
* PSG tweak. Increase ROF (Rate of Fire).
* TK tweak. Decreased to factor 2.
* M4 only semi and burst now.
* AK-47 Bayonet speed increase and damage increase.
* No breaking team mates legs. Except with explosives. This will be fixed in next version.
* "Llama" prevention. Blocking doors. Added round hit anti-velocity.
* Added TK boot if no enemy in certain radius. May need further adjustment.
* Frag granade power throw tweak. Experimental tweak. If its liked, we can make the other grenades like this too.
* Sand / Sand bags stop penetration. Still needs minor adjustment.
* Added intial rank system. Skills to be added in a later version.
* Redid radio system to work more like a radio.
9 June 2000 - FA 2.0
M4 with Beta-C Mag on TP_Dish
Dual MAC11's on TP_Dish
July 2000 - FA 2.1
1 August 2000 - FA 2.2
* Prone in water fixed
* Team chat bug fixed
* Chat at game end enabled
* Skill revisement for Rank Advance rules (Now all skills are available at rank advance)
* Master Menu button highlighting with sound effect
* Skill selection menu on sv_useskills 2 redone to remove skill when selected
* Field Medicine abilities condenced to one easy command (useskill treat)
* Downed soldiers can become casualties for medics to treat for extra points
* Capturing all points when a force is out of reinforcements will now end the game
* Garbage on Score Panel for Observers and Spectators fixed
* M11 Akimbos recoded to reduce lag (Fire = One at a time, Alt Fire = Both)
* Shotgun tweaks
* Claymore a bit more potent
* Claymores removed when player changes team
* Fixed prone in door bug with sound crashes
* Fixed sandbag poof crashes
* Leader and Medic skins
* Polished models
* Updated sounds
* Pistols tweaked (A bit more usefull now)
* New arm models on view weapons
September 2000 - FA 2.3
8 November 2000 - FA 2.4 (Packaged with CS Retail CD)
New for RC2.4
* New flag model.
* New red player model.
* Improved weapons models.
* Improved levels:
obj_omaha, ps_river, ps_coldwar, ps_nightstalkers,
ps_dangerzone, ps_outlands and sd_woods.
* Renamed all weapons for trademark reasons.
* Put a limit on say text interval. Spam reduction.
* No longer able to join a game when no reinforcement left.
Only in spectator mode.
* Leadership say_team radio sound.
* No more Adrenaline penalty for treating.
* Fixed Chat not logging.
* Fixed HCM-SMG message. (Vollmer)
* Fixed Useskill menu hot keys.
* Fixed casualties.
* Increased bandage amounts for medics.
* Increased monkey jumping penalty.
* BF-SMG accuracy tweak. (Bizon II)
* Carbine tweak. (M4)
* 40mm-GL Tweak. (M79)
* AR-GL tweak. (M16/M203)
28 March 2001 - FA 2.5
Free falling in PS_Coldwar
- Compass System (cl_compass 0/1/2 for off/top/bottom)
- Weapons Prediction Code
- Realistic Weapons Handling (RWH) Code and animations
- New Weapon: 9mmLC-SMG (Sterling SMG)
- New Play Mode: Territorial Control
- New sounds for M82, FA-MAS, M-16, Ingram M11s, M60, AK-47
- New parchute animations and new parachute model with realistic paraglide physics
- New ammobox model
- Read-in weapons names from a file on client machine
- Team Vote System for llama removal
- Highlight player name on scoreboard
- Not giving rein to blue on push capture map fixed
- Weapons buying menu not displaying credits remaining fixed
- Grenade->changeteam->kill exploit fixed
- New HUD graphics
- New menu graphics and design
- Fatigue meter going under when running back and jumping fixed
- Changed STG24 to explode after 5 seconds of priming, regardless
- Tweak max penetration value versus solid brushes
- Increased Claymore damage radius and kill zone damage
- Weapons casing setting for none, every 3rd and all (cl_shells 0/1/2)
- Parachutes are now detachable at any height
- New 3rd party maps ps_greatoutdoors, ps_ub61 and ps_crash
- New FA-Team maps sd_durandal, ps_swamp, ps_inlands, ctisdps_mexico, tc_iwojima