Thread: Reference/ID Request - Sako Rk. 95 Optic Mount

Blog Entries

Reference/ID Request - Sako Rk. 95 Optic Mount

Hello there good sirs and madams, I've been at work modeling weapons and other assets for FAS 2.0 and run into a bit of a gap in my own not inconsiderable clandestine information network. To be specific, I'm not sure which model of scope mount the Finnish Sako Rk. 95 is using in the following two pictures, and thus can't look it up to find any better reference photos of the thing myself. If you've got a name for this bothersome device, or even better a high-res image of the mount, I would be most thankful for your help.

"On a more immediately personal note," the bootlegger weakly interjected. "Dare I ask for the prognosis?"

The doctor sighed, brushing an unruly tuft of hair from his eyes as he turned to Silas.

"I'm afraid you'll never live a normal life again. You've unknowingly patronized a clinic for unlicensed surgery, courtesy of a woman with a bloodied military bayonet fastened to her dress, unconscious and smelling of illicit alcohol, in the middle of the night. However, your physical condition is stable. Now be so kind as to remove yourself from my place of business." Stephens paused a moment to reflect. "Also, you appear to have misplaced an appendix."

Although I couldnt find any good references for the RK95 It looks to me that some Galil mounts are similar to the RK95's.

Google Search for Galil scope mounts

You could also ask some people who were in the Finnish military what the mount looked like.
    Last edited by Shaleesh the Jackal; 07-15-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Naota, just the mounts or the scopes, too?

Is there more context to the second photo?
    It's possible the scope is one of these nineteen. [CORRECTION: This scope is slightly different from those listed--still, similar enough to get a point in the right direction.]
    If we can narrow down the scope, we might be able to determine the mount most likely used, and then we can go from there.
    All of the scopes in the provided link seem to be using Trijicon's TA51 Picatinny Rail Adapter, which looks kinda like the one in the photo... but not quite. I acknowledge the possibility that the mount used in the photo is not organic to the scope at all.
    Last edited by Pat; 07-15-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Add me on Steam
    My PC build
    Vote for your favorite weapons
    Follow your dreams
    to the max.
    Amen.

Blog Entries
    I don't imagine the scope plays into it too much (as far as I know one's an ACOG and the other is some sort of standard aimpoint-ish device), since the mount itself is just a standard picatinny rail on top to hold the optics you can buy as attachments in FAS 2.0. I wouldn't have any problem using the rail adapter linked there to bridge the rails and the optic if necessary, but I still need to find out what the actual mount on the side of the gun is in the first picture. So far I've blocked out the shape of the thing using that picture, but at that resolution I can only just barely approximate what the finer details actually are.

The closest photo I've found is this K-VAR AK-47 mount... which isn't all that close at all.

"On a more immediately personal note," the bootlegger weakly interjected. "Dare I ask for the prognosis?"

The doctor sighed, brushing an unruly tuft of hair from his eyes as he turned to Silas.

"I'm afraid you'll never live a normal life again. You've unknowingly patronized a clinic for unlicensed surgery, courtesy of a woman with a bloodied military bayonet fastened to her dress, unconscious and smelling of illicit alcohol, in the middle of the night. However, your physical condition is stable. Now be so kind as to remove yourself from my place of business." Stephens paused a moment to reflect. "Also, you appear to have misplaced an appendix."

Not everyone in the finnish army gets to play with optics and all that funky stuff - I never had the joy myself. I tried to search around, but I couldn't find a name for the side mount... Anyhow, found a few pictures from various angles not found here yet, but sadly no proper reference pics. The thingy is rather simple though.

A closer shot of the mount itself from the left-hand side: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...4&d=1196852782
    Couple of views from the front of the thing with very little detail, you can see how wide the thing is compared to the gun though: http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5104/19957579js0.jpg and http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/8...376copysc4.jpg

Blog Entries
    Oh, awesome finds my good sir. I'll definitely be able to put the first one to use for proportioning if nothing else, especially since it gives me a symbol and serial number format to use on the texture for some extra detail. The third photo also seems to show that the upper segment of the mount is slanted about 25 degrees so that it sticks close to the receiver, which is something I wouldn't have known if not for your help .

Good find, o'hara.

Add me on Steam
    My PC build
    Vote for your favorite weapons
    Follow your dreams
    to the max.
    Amen.

Thread Information