Thread: FEG PMK .380

1. FEG PMK .380

Bit of backstory:
    It used to be my uncle's..he kept it under his pillow in a nylon holster with velcro sides. He died 3 years ago and his father (whom he lived with..had too many medical problems to keep a job to live on his own) got it after that. Well, he's in the nursing home now and it is unlikely he'll ever get out. Out of his rather large firearm collection (which got split up amongst all of his kids that wanted one or more of them) my mother brought home a Remington 1100, a Remington .30-06, some .45 cal muzzleloader and the .380. I immediately laid claim to the .380 since it's the only one I wanted..and I 'd my uncle. My father got the other ones. He wanted a scoped center-fire rifle(he actually wanted a 7mm..but can't beat a free .30-06). He'll probably never use the 1100 so I could probably take it when I move out if I wanted to.

ANYWHO
    It's a FEG PMK .380. The slide says "S.A.P.S."..I just can sorta barely read the badge next to it and it says South African Police Service.
    I plan on getting my conceal carry in a few months and this'll probably be my CC weapon for a while. Sure, a .380 isn't much but it saves my poor ass some $300-$400 since I don't have to get a pistol now. Underneath it has my uncle's initials electropenciled into it.

hahahah

feg
    haha

how big is it? looks kind of large for CC

John Denver sucks.

3. Quote Originally Posted by chuckybob View Post
    hahahah

feg
    haha

how big is it? looks kind of large for CC
    Was wondering how long it would take for someone to get the "FEG" part.

It's a PPK clone..it's about exactly the same size as a Walther PPK.

A PPK is pretty fucking small.

While I don't have experience with this exact model, having experience with other FEG Copycat pistols I will only say that I sincerely hope it lives up to your expectations.

The last FEG I owned was of the 9x18mm variety, and had horrible jam problems. After completely stripped, cleaning, and lubricating the weapon, ensuring nothing was broken, AND using new magazines... the frequent jamming never ceased. So while they're pretty to look at, their quality generally leaves something to be desired.
    "Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live.ö
    -Charles Bukowski
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    - Bill Cosby

6. From what I read from other people who have the PMK .380s love them..except for the heavy DA trigger pull. Some have fired over 1000 rounds through theirs without even one problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by [anguish] View Post
    From what I read from other people who have the PMK .380s love them..except for the heavy DA trigger pull. Some have fired over 1000 rounds through theirs without even one problem at all.
    Just speaking from my personal experience, it was a for the most part worthless hand gun and I never regretted getting rid of it.

If yours works for you, all the best. I'll stick with my 1911.
    "Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live.ö
    -Charles Bukowski
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    - Bill Cosby

8. And, keep in mind, you had a totally different firearm.

Thread Information